need a copy of my CITI Completion Report/Certificate. How can I get one?
in to the CITI
- From the Main Menu, click the option that reads 'Click here to see your previously completed coursework for (name of your institution)'
the 'Print Completion Report' link in the grid listing the completed course
- Click 'Print' to print a copy or 'Cancel' to save a copy to your computer
just moved from another institution to MGH/BWH/FH. Can
I transfer my CITI training here?
Log in to the CITI
- Under the Main Menu, click 'Affiliate with another institution.'
- Click on the 'Participating Institutions' drop down and select either 'Brigham and Women's Hospital' or 'Massachusetts General Hospital' and click the submit button
- Enter your demographic information on the Member Information screen and click the submit button
- Answer the questions on the Select Curriculum page. If you last took the Basic exam, select that you need to take it. You will then get credit for the courses you took at your previous institution. If BWH/MGH requires additional courses than what you have taken you will need to complete those to receive full credit.
- Click Continue
- The name of the Institution should now display on the Main Menu page. If there is a message saying your enrollment is incomplete, you will need to follow the directions on the screen to 'complete your enrollment.'
you have updated your “affiliation” online, contact
the Partners CITI Administrator with your name, last course completed, and completion date to be added to the Partners Human Research Committee (PHRC) education
completed a CITI course at a different Partners institution but I am also affiliated
with MGH/BWH/Faulkner. Do I need to complete
another CITI course?
email a copy of the completion report to your protocol administrator (if known) or the Partners CITI Administrator. You also need to follow the directions above for affiliating with another institution (BWH, MGH or FH).
I Completed A Course At A Non-Partners Institution. Can I transfer credit?
The Boston area academic medical centers will accept
one another’s training completions. All other training
completions will be considered on a case by case basis. Contact the Partners CITI Administrator for more information.
will I know when it’s time to take the Refresher Course?
You are responsible for tracking your own completion dates. You can look up your completion date by looking in the Insight Research Portal. The last completion date will be listed next to your name on any protocol record Staff & Access page that you are listed as being part of study staff or use the Training Lookup feature in Insight. See answer to next question. You should also receive an auto-generated mail notification from the CITI Program with
the Subject line: CITI Program mail reminder from
CITI Office 30 days and again 7 days prior to your expiration
date. Course completions are good for 3 years.
do I find out if someone has completed the required
The Insight Research Portal now includes a Training Lookup feature that allows Insight users to search by investigator/study staff person’s name and training type (IRB, IACUC, IBC, RCR, COI) or by protocol number or agreement proposal number. The Training Look Up is available to everyone with access to Insight. In addition, for users of the Insight Humans module, CITI training completion dates for study staff also display on the Staff & Access page of every human protocol. The staff person may also login directly to the CITI web site and view their completion/expiration date (see first question above).
will I know when my CITI training date has expired?
See above answer to look up your completion/expiration dates. You should also receive an auto-generated mail notification from the CITI Program with the Subject line: [persons' name] CITI Completion Report Will Expire Soon from CITI office 1 day after your CITI training date has expired.