I need a copy of my CITI Completion Report/Certificate. How can I get one?
in to the CITI
- From the Main Menu, click the name of the institution through which you completed the course
- Click the option ‘View Previously Completed Coursework'
- Click 'View' in the Completion Report column of the course for which you need a copy of your completion report
- In the Tool Bar, click drop down arrow next to Convert
- Select 'Print Web Page' to print a copy of the completion report or 'Convert Web Page to PDF' to save a copy of the completion report to your computer.
just moved from another institution to MGH/BWH/FH/McLean/NSMC. Can
I transfer my CITI training here?
- Log in to the CITI
- Under the Main Menu, click My Profile
- Click ‘Change my email address’
- Update preferred email to your Partners email and secondary email, if applicable
- Click the 'Update' button
- Return to Main Menu and click 'Click here to affiliate with another institution.'
- Click on the 'Participating Institutions' drop down and select the applicable Partners institution:
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- McLean Hospital
- NSMC - North Shore Medical Center
- Click the ‘Next’ button
- Enter your demographic information on the Member Information screen
- Email the PHS CITI Program mailbox and request to be given credit for coursework completed through another institution.
- The Partners CITI Administrator will log in to CITI and view the coursework you have already completed and will give you credit in Insight Admin for courses completed that are equivalent to the courses required by Partners. Your Insight Admin record will be updated to include coursework credited.
I am a non-Partners research collaborator relying on the Partners IRB for IRB review OR coming onsite to conduct research at a Partners institution. I have completed the CITI course requirements of my own institution. Do I need to complete another CITI course?
email a copy of the completion report to your protocol administrator (if known) or the Partners CITI Administrator.
I completed a course at a non-Partners institution. Will you accept CITI courses completed at non-Partners institutions?
The Boston area academic medical centers accept one another’s CITI completion reports. All other course completions are considered on a case-by-case basis. Contact the Partners CITI Administrator for more information.
will I know when it’s time to take the Refresher Course?
You should receive an auto-generated email notification from the University of Miami CITI Program with the Subject line: CITI Program mail reminder 30 days and again 7 days prior to your expiration date of your completed CITI course. You can look up your completion date by:
- Looking at the Staff & Access page of any protocol you are listed on. The CITI course completion date appears in the Certification Date column next to the CITI Certified column.
- Using the Training Lookup feature in Insight. See answer to next question.
- Logging in to the CITI Program Website and clicking on View Previously Completed Coursework
Note: Completed courses are good for 3 years.
do I find out if someone has completed the required
The Insight Research Portal now includes a Training Lookup feature that allows Insight users to search by investigator/study staff person’s name and training type (IRB, IACUC, IBC, RCR, COI) or by protocol number or agreement proposal number. The Training Look Up is available to everyone with access to Insight. In addition, for users of the Insight Humans module, CITI training completion dates for study staff display on the Staff & Access page of every human protocol.
will I know when my CITI training date has expired?
See above answer to look up your completion/expiration dates. You should also receive an auto-generated email notification from the University of Miami CITI Program with the Subject line: [persons' name] CITI Completion Report Has Expired 1 day after your CITI training has expired. Be sure your current primary email address listed in your CITI profile is a Partners.org or other Partners/Harvard Institution email address.